Blog has been added!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Do you rather blog over review section in the forums?

• Blogs are better, Keep the blog!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Review in forums are better, remove the blog.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
http://gamehandout.com/xfa-blog-home/

Blogs have now been added to GameHandout. If you wish to transfer your reviews over to the blog feel free to.

As always, your insight is always welcome, we're going to go into a trail process, if y'all don't like the blog after a month, and rather keep the review section of the forum we will remove the blog and keep things how they are, if you like the blog we will remove the review section. So if you have reviews in the review section I highly suggest you transfer everything over to the blog now if you'd like to keep everything.

Make sure to vote, and let us know how you like the blogs.

JYN

God of Gaming
Website
jynportfolio.carbonmade.com
I love the idea! It makes it look so much easier to blog a review then post a review, why?
Well, you can view parts of the review and you can continue reading the review on the blog whilst on the forum reviews, you have to hover over the title to view it.
It's just so much cleaner and nicer, the fact that you can continuously scroll down without pressing "Next >" or "1","2","3" you get the point.
Oh and also, the fact that you can view specific tags is amazing!

CasualCastiel

God of Gaming
Staff member
Website
acasualreview.wordpress.com
Burn them.
Don't, I likes them <3 XD

Also: "Review in forums are better, remove the blog"
Even if we all were to decide the reviews on the forum were better, what if we still want the blog for ranting/boasting-related reasons? XD Such as how that last gaming session sucked or rocked, or etc that wouldn't quite work forum wise?

I'm off to try the blog~ :love: (does it work with the GH$ script, btw?)

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Don't, I likes them <3 XD

Also: "Review in forums are better, remove the blog"
Even if we all were to decide the reviews on the forum were better, what if we still want the blog for ranting/boasting-related reasons? XD Such as how that last gaming session sucked or rocked, or etc that wouldn't quite work forum wise?

I'm off to try the blog~ :love: (does it work with the GH$ script, btw?)
As of now, I don't think we have to worry about the blog going anywhere. People seem to like them :D So I won't delete it.

No, it does not work with GH$ sadly.

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
Aww, guess we can't have it all. :p Thanks for re-adding the blogs though! <3 I like the looks so far~
[DOUBLEPOST=1437934065,1437933018][/DOUBLEPOST]@Xyphien How do we edit (and delete) individual entries? I can't seem to spot a way.
I think I have that disabled, I was confused if the settings meant to delete your own, or everyones posts DX I'll fix this in a second.

*Edit* try it now :D

IceGolem

God of Gaming
It looks a little interesting but also kinda confusing because I see this blog system for the first time :D But I'll try to get used to this and I think I may write something very soon.. I've got something specific I'd like to share with you and find out what you think about it :)

iXanon

Øŋɇ Ŵĩŋḡɇď ₳ŋḡɇᶅ
This may sound like a stupid question, but are we ok to use them as a blog if we wish - or would you prefer them just to be used for reviews and the like?

IceGolem

God of Gaming
This may sound like a stupid question, but are we ok to use them as a blog if we wish - or would you prefer them just to be used for reviews and the like?
You can practically post anything in there - your thoughts, reviews, make it a diary... Or at least it says so when you open "My blog" :)

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
You can practically post anything in there - your thoughts, reviews, make it a diary... Or at least it says so when you open "My blog" :)
NO! Limitations are key to a successful forum! You're not allowed to post ANYTHING BUT REVIEWS!!!

JK @iXanon like @IceGolem said you can post anything as long as it's in the rules. So, no nudity, sex stories, etc. lol. Keep it PG13+ XD

Xyphien

Founder
Staff member
Admin
@Xyphien while the review section is still up, should we cross-post our reviews or post just on the blogs?
I'd cross-post because I'm unsure what I'm going to do with the forum reviews yet honestly. IDK if I'm going to just move it to the trash, or keep it up. That way you can still make some forum money for writing reviews.

iXanon

Øŋɇ Ŵĩŋḡɇď ₳ŋḡɇᶅ
NO! Limitations are key to a successful forum! You're not allowed to post ANYTHING BUT REVIEWS!!!

JK @iXanon like @IceGolem said you can post anything as long as it's in the rules. So, no nudity, sex stories, etc. lol. Keep it PG13+ XD
Heh, just thought I'd check - I didn't know if you had some kind of plan in mind like completely changing the Blogs into a Review Portal.

No nudity or sex stories from me, as if I'd share so cheaply.. You'd have to at least buy me a beer first! ;)

About NXKU

NXKU is a social platform that connects gamers with the games they should be playing. From Video Games to table top games like TGCS and board games a community for all.

Follow Us